The OC is charged with the high-level planning and coordination of the activities of the C.C1 and is integrated by:
– the past and present President and the Vice-President of C.C1.
– other members of the Commission up to a total of 5
The OC reports to the Commission and to the General Secretary through the Commission President. The Commission President may delegate specific duties to the Commission Vice President(s). If the President of CC1 for any reason becomes unable to fulfill his/her duties in a timely manner, the Vice President(s) is(are) responsible for conducting the business of the OC.
Triennial nominations: At an appropriate time before each General Assembly, the Commission President (or designated Vice President), in consultation with the OC, shall prepare a slate of officers and members of the OC, and consultant members who will be willing to serve for the next term and present this list to the EC for appointment at the time of the General Assembly.
At the end of a three-year term, the President is normally succeeded by one of the Vice-Presidents. An individual may serve up to two consecutive terms as Vice-President. President and Vice-President(s) should be from different countries.
Under the responsibility of the OC are the following items:
– Monitor the progress of ongoing activities and make appropriate adjustments if necessary.
– Appoint the Working Groups for the individual activities and accept new WG.
– Monitor the progress of ongoing activities and revise their budgets if necessary.
– Submit brief, informal quarterly reports to the GS and a summary report to the GS before the annual EC meetings on the progress of its activities
– Prepare a summary report on its activities over the triennium for the Reports on Astronomy
– Approve the inclusion of Associated IAU members.
- OFFICERS (2018-2021)
|Vice-President:||Boonrucksar Soonthornthum (Thailand)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Past President:||Beatriz García (Argentina)||email@example.com|
- OFFICERS (2015-2018)
|Vice-President:||Paulo Bretones (Brasil)|
|Retiring President:||Jean-Pierre de Greve (Belgium)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
- ORGANIZING COMMITTEE MEMBERS (2018-2021)
- ORGANIZING COMMITTEE MEMBERS (2015-2018)
|Kathy Eastwood (Secretary)||USA|
|Jean Pierre de Greve||Belgium|
- Pass-Presidents List
|2015 – 2018||Beatriz García||Argentina|
|2012 – 2015||Jean-Pierre de Greve||Belgium|
|2009 – 2012||Rosa Ros||Spain|
|2006 – 2009||Magda Stavinschi||Romania|
|2003 – 2006||Jay Pasachoff||USA|
|2000 – 2003||Siuso Isobe||Japan|
|1997 – 2000||Julieta Fierro||Mexico|
|1994 – 1997||John Percy||Canada|
|1991 – 1994||Lucienne Gouguenheim||France|
|1988 – 1991||Aage Sandqvist||Sweden|
|1985 – 1988||Cecylia Iwaniszewska||Poland|
|1982 – 1985||Leo Houziaux||Belgium|
|1979 – 1982||Donat G. Wentzel||USA|
|1976 – 1979||Edvard Kononovich||USSR|
|1973 – 1976||Derek McNally||UK|
|1970 – 1973||Edith A. Muller||Switzerland|
|1967 – 1970||Evry Schatzman||France|